Terms & Conditions
Confirmation of Booking
Once we have received your reservation deposit as cleared funds into our bank account, together with your completed booking form, noting acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, we will send you an email confirmation which represents our formal acceptance of your booking.
Please check the booking details as it is your responsibility to ensure the booking information is accurate and to advise of any inaccuracies. It is understood that the person making the booking is empowered to act on behalf of all members of the party and will notify all other members of his party of these Terms and Conditions.
Details of your balancing payment will be notified in your Booking Invoice and e-mail confirmation of your booking. The balance must be received in cleared funds no later than 6 weeks before the date of arrival.
NO FURTHER REMINDERS WILL BE SENT AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REMEMBER TO SEND THE FULL BALANCE. If the balance is not received by this time, we will be entitled to cancel the booking without refund and without prejudice to our claim for further cancellation charges.
When the final monies have been received you will receive a further email confirmation detailing instructions regarding check in and on how to get to Lyon Court.
We request a £500.00 bond for the Garden Apartment. The bond for the Garret and Flat 1 is £200.00 and for The Old Stable, the bond is £100.00. The bond is paid when you send the final balance.
Bonds are taken to cover any damage or breakages and to cover any losses incurred by the property or contents during your stay, as well as the cost of any special or extra cleaning or rubbish clearance that is required after departure. If damage/loss exceeds the value of the deposit, you will be liable for the full cost or the difference.
Once you have departed and the property has been checked we will refund the bond less any deductions within 14 days. Your bond is at risk if the terms and conditions herein are not adhered to.
If you wish to cancel a booking, you should advise us by e-mail. The email should be sent by the same person who made the original booking. In all cases of cancellation, the Reservation deposit will be forfeited. If the cancellation is made within 6 weeks of arrival, you are liable for the full cost of the booking. We will endeavour to re-rent and if successful will refund the cost of the booking, less Reservation deposit and an administration charge of £250.00.
We reserve the right to cancel the booking at any time and will refund any monies paid relating to the rental only, no other compensations will be paid. We strongly recommend all Guests take out personal travel insurance to cover all eventualities on holiday and cancellation.
- Arrival Time shall be between 3.00pm and 9.00 pm (STRICTLY NOT BEFORE 3.00pm). On the morning of departure guests are requested to vacate the apartment no later than 10.00 am (STRICTLY NO LATER) as our cleaning personnel arrive at this time to commence their work in preparation for the next guests.
- Only those persons named on the booking form are entitled to stay in the accommodation and the total number must not exceed the advertised capacity.
- The owners of Lyon Court at their absolute discretion reserve the right to refuse or revoke, without refund, any parties that may, in their opinion, be unsuitable for the apartment
- The Property will be used solely for the purpose of a holiday by the Guest and his party.
- To allow the Owners and/or their representatives access to the property at any reasonable time during the period of the holiday.
- To keep the property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures, and fittings in or on the Property in the same condition and state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday.
- To ensure that at the end of the holiday, the Property is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found.
- To report as soon as possible to the Owners any breakages or damage caused by the Guest and his party during the holiday and to reimburse the owner with the cost of replacement prior to departure.
- Failure to comply with the conditions will result in the monies being deducted from the bond and any shortfall being pursued.
- That all the possessions of the Guest, including cars and contents, is entirely at his own risk at all times and the Owners shall accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused.
- We operate a no smoking policy in all Apartments. If guests wish to smoke they may do so outside, away from the building and dispose of all waste safely.
- You are not permitted to substitute with another group/party during your stay.
- Lyon Court and its facilities (including car parking) are only for use by our Guests. Guests of guests are not permitted without our prior consent
- You are not entitled to lease, rent, sell off or in any way sub-let any part of the property/buildings contained therein.
- Under no circumstances are free/chargeable parties to be held at the apartment or in the grounds of Lyon Court. Music must not be played outside after midnight and the use of DJ equipment is forbidden. Your bond deposit will be forfeited and/or damages sought if you break these conditions.
- All keys remain your responsibility during your stay and should at no time be given to a third party who is not part of your party. Loss of keys will incur a £100.00 fee.
- Security of the property is your responsibility during your stay. All doors and windows must be secured each time you leave the property. You are liable for the losses due to poor security. Any belongings left outside of the property are done so at the Guests’ own risk and the Owners are not responsible for any damage or theft incurred as a result of this.
- You agree not to undertake any maintenance nor tamper with electrics, plumbing or heating.
- You undertake to report any items of maintenance to the Owners at the earliest possible instance. If the guests fail to notify the Owners of maintenance items that lead to major repairs, the resulting costs may be deducted from the Bond and any shortfall being pursued
- All rubbish and recycling must be removed from the Apartment and deposited in the receptacles provided as set out in the Guestbook. Failure to dispose of your rubbish and recycling in the correct receptacles will incur a £30.00 fee which will be deducted from your bond.
- You also undertake to advise us of any damage, breakages or losses caused by you or your party during your stay and to reimburse us.
- Under no circumstances should internal furniture or fixtures/fittings be moved outside or relocated inside.
- Under no circumstances should the sofas be used as beds.
- It is agreed that the owners may enter the premises at any reasonable hour for inspection purposes or to carry out necessary maintenance.
It is the parent or guardian’s responsibility to supervise the safety and good conduct of children at all times whilst on the Property. We do not accept any responsibility resulting from failure to do this.
Where we arrange babysitting services for you, the cost of these will be confirmed by email. If the service is subsequently cancelled, the following charges will apply and will be deducted from your security deposit:
- Cancelled 24 hours or more before services due to be provided - 0% of total cost of service
- Cancelled on same day as services due to be provided with greater than 4 hours notice (must be advised by email) - 50% of total cost of service
- Cancelled on same day as services due to be provided with less than 4 hours notice (must be advised by email) - 100% of total cost of service
We aim to ensure that all of the information provided within our advertising and promotional material is correct and current when published.
The owner reserves the right to make alterations at any time, as we are always seeking to improve our services and facilities and shall endeavour to inform you of any such alterations.
We will not accept bookings from groups aged 25 years old and under. In accordance with item 3 of "Your Responsibilities" above, We reserve the right to refuse or revoke, without refund, any parties that may be unsuitable for the apartment. For the avoidance of doubt, Lyon Court is a family orientated business and taking bookings from younger groups is at odds with our ethos and is not permitted.
The Owners accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any injury, loss, accident, death, delay, inconvenience, cancellation, damage or irregularity arising howsoever caused. We do not accept responsibility whatsoever for happenings or actions outside of our reasonable control, such as breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, temporary invasion of pests, acts of insurrection, theft, break-in, industrial disputes, floods, or other events amounting to force majeure.
Similarly, we do not accept responsibility for breakdown in the supply of utilities, we will endeavour to arrange for such problems to be resolved as promptly as possible. We do our utmost to ensure that the accommodation is satisfactory and enjoyable and take all reasonable care to maintain the property in good condition at all times.
Regrettably we are not able to accept pets under any circumstances.