Welcome to Lyon Court, self catering apartments in Shanklin, on the beautiful Isle of Wight
Lyon Court is a beautiful country house in a lovely countryside setting, tastefully converted into individual apartments. It overlooks Shanklin Down, yet is close to bus & train routes, and only 10 minutes walk to The Old Village or 15 minutes walk to the beach.
Our apartments range from our Old Stable, a snug cabin for two, to the Garden Apartment that sleeps eight.
Lyon Court is ideally suited to families with the following facilities on site:
- Large landscaped gardens
- Heated outdoor pool (open from the Late May bank holiday weekend until the end of September)
- Children’s playhouse and play set
- Gas barbecues for al-fresco dining
- Fire pit for family campfires on those long summer nights
- Towels included. If staying less than 7 nights they can be hired, so you have space in your luggage for the fun things
- Laundry room (Coin operated machines)
- Free cots & high chairs as needed
- Babysitting services - please see T&Cs for full details
We aim to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We live at Lyon Court, so will be there to welcome you and bid you farewell. If you have any issues during your stay, we are available and happy to assist. Other than that, we try to keep out of your way so that you can enjoy your stay, without feeling overlooked.
If you provide us with the ages and interests of your children at the time of booking, we can put together a package of things to do on the island, tailored to your children. We have 3 children of our own, so we know how important it is to keep them busy on holiday! We have extensive knowledge of the attractions and activities on the island and we will also know about smaller, local events that you might otherwise miss.